Sunday, November 1, 2009

Thwarted Again!


“Gentleman, I have had men watching you for a long time, and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families and that will be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the eternal God, I will rout you out.”

-Andrew Jackson


Let's face it, you knew, by hook or by crook, that the move to audit The Federal Reserve Bank
would founder, and lo and behold, it has. Ron Paul, an early proponent of the initiative, and perhaps its most dedicated and staunch defender, has announced that the legislation in question has been gutted. A quick review of the article at the link will confirm his assertion. I really don't know what is worse, the eviscerationof the aforesaid legislation, or the inevitable prating twaddle one will have to endure from some number of elected officials and main stream media stooges that substantial progress has been achieved in the area of bank regulation and reigning in The Federal Reserve.

The sad truth is that the will of "We The People" has, once again, been treated with barely concealed disdain, all because the protection racket that consists of the Fed and its biggest member banks has perfected the art of legislative obedience via the time honored mechanisms of bribery and/or fear. Bravo!

Let's face it, The Federal Reserve cartel and the big banks have the U.S. Congress in much the same state as a cowed beast of burden. It's positively perverse, and this latest failure by The House of Representatives- with special thanks to Mel Watt, and, of course, Barney Frank- to forcefully assert its basic Constitutional right, reinforces my view that the only way forward for the American people, should we have the fortitude to take it, is one that involves "radical" measures. Change, let alone revolutionary change, will not come about without walking on the lawn my fellow citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment